Sunday 26 August 2007

Whitby

Here we are, in Drizzly Whitby



If you can look in the distance, you can see the Abbey, shrouded in damp drizzle. To get to it we have to traverse tat shops on this side of the valley, goth shops, trinketty shops and more tat shops on the other side (after crossing the harbour bridge) and then....

Up a, quite frankly, taking-the-piss amount of steps. It was the Pigeon Lady's idea to come up to the Abbey, but did she stop for five minutes and think of my little legs? No. I don't even have legs, just two feet on the bottom of my body. She didn't even offer me a ride in her pocket until i had a tantrum and pointed out that i was easy meat to a seagull. Easy meat, my friend!!



Got to the top of the steps, and sat down for a breather. It wasn't until I got my breath back that i realised that i was sitting on a gravestone, and that i would probably be cursed for using someones memorial as little more than a bench. Ooopsie. Didn't see any ghosts, which is probably for the best, as i don't think Victorian dead people would really be able to grasp what I'm about. They used to eat pigeon didn't they??? Victorian people, that is, not dead people.

Ah yes, finally reached the Abbey. The reason i look so shocked is because I had just seen a tourist wearing the most alarmingly coloured cagoule. Nothing to worry about. Then it was back down the steps and thankfully, to the chip shop!

Where is the food, where is the food where is it??? Warmed myself up with a nice cup of tea, and admired the salt and vinegar. After a while i went into a bit of a hunger induced trance, which accounts for the gazed look in my eye.

Huzzah! Food! That cheeky coo managed to distract me with a shiny bit of tinfoil and scoffed half of the fish before I even noticed, so I told her that there was a baby pigeon stood on the windowsill, and while she looked....


I took what was rightfully mine!! That'll teach her to be greedy and gullible!!!
And, i hear you ask, where was Kevin through all of this? Well, after his days at work, he was just too tired, and fell asleep on the way here.



I tried to wake him, but he insisted on sleeping the whole day, and only woke up on the way back, when he demanded some Doritos. We didn't have any, so he had to settle for some cranberry wheats when we got home.




8 comments:

Les Q said...

Interesting blog....have you ever seen this one
http://little-people.blogspot.com/

Philip. said...

I really like Whitby - I only live 30 miles away :-)

Anonymous said...

Les Quinn - No

Philip - I love it too. Unforch we live about three or four hours away! Though its always worth the trip!

DD said...

I've climbed those steps, with the help of my trusty Switch Stick. And I love the Magpie Café.

stinkypaw said...

Here I am, looking in every pigeon holes I can think of to find that pigeon lady of yours... I hope she's ok!

Purple Pigeon said...

Dame Honoria - Those steps are a killer! You'd think that I'd just fly up, being a pigeon and all

Stinkypaw - Tsk, shes off gallavanting here, there and everywhere, not caring a jot about me. I think shes back now anyway. If digital cameras werent so big, I'd take myself off. Shes very unreliable!

Philip. said...

Trevor and Kevin have been very quiet lately.

God forbid that I have even considered they have ended up as a main course a la pigeon pie?????

Anonymous said...

No no, nothing that exciting. Its just that woman is very lazy and wont turn on the computer for me. Being only little, I can't reach the on button. Its just rude.