Wednesday 18 April 2007

A teeny Sheffield



This is me with the holiday mass-eev, Bugs bunny and Wilf. We couldnt quite figure out what Wilf was, but we decided that he was some kind of lime ice cream mutant, or maybe something that would grow out of a cup of tea that is left too long.

On our travels we came across this place. It consisted of about three houses and a tractor. Not quite on par with its massive, one-way-systemed, pikey infested namesake in Yorkshire. Also, not a pigeon in sight. Very disappointing, as the other Sheffield is home to some of the most friendly, if not slightly cheeky, pigeons you will ever find. Thought there may be a Cornish breathen, but it was not to be. A seagull gave me a funny look, and seeing as im about the same size as a tourists sausage roll (their usual food) i thought it best to be on my way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog Trev! Love the pics!

Purple Pigeon said...

Trev sends his thanks, but unforch has assigned me to be comment replier as he is basking in his media attention glow. Tsk.

Gledwood said...

Hi as soon as I saw your little "portrait" at your friend's blog ... I kind of guessed that was a British pigeon you'd photographed there then the Sheffield sign confirmed all for me.
What an entertaining blog you've got here. I'll add you to my links under photo blogs as I'm always out looking for a good new read/gorp.
I'm at gledwood2.blogspot -
see you there later hopefully
All the best
from
Gledwood
"vol 2" ...